Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

If it Doesn't Fit, You Must Not Sit

I parked next to a Fiat this past weekend.  I always think of Fiat as one of the tiny cars during the chase scene in The Pink Panther.  I learned this weekend that, although the movie is over 50 years old, the Fiat is just as tiny now as it was then.

The roof of the car is higher than my waist.  This sounds good at first, although I learned in college that I could fit in a friend's Fiero and stretch my legs all the way out, and that car didn't make it up to my waist.  I don't think I could stretch my legs out in a Fiat.  This car has an alleged back seat.  Looking through the window, though, I saw that it was big enough for only a baby's car seat up to a child whose legs barely extend over the edge of the seat.  There is no way for a human to fit his/her legs between the back of the front seat and the front edge of the back seat, unless they are really tiny.

One of my rules of buying a car is that someone of average or better size must be able to sit in the seat behind me while I'm in the driver's seat, so the Fiat is out.  How about a Mini Cooper?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home