Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, April 29, 2019

Let's Party!

I expressed cautious optimism to a couple of friends over the past few weeks.  I now can state it proudly to the world.  Today, I received confirmation that I paid off my mortgage!

[Insert cheers, whistles, applause, brass band, and fireworks here.]

One friend told me to think of all the interest that I won't be paying for another 16.5 years.  At the moment, I'm too interested in seeing less money exit my checking account each month.  Of course, prudent me has already decided that I should set up an automatic transfer from checking to savings each month, in the amount of my escrow payment, to prepare for the property tax and insurance that I will soon pay for directly.  After that, who knows?  (I ought to make a list.)

I've heard that people sometimes throw mortgage-burning parties.  I ought to have a party.  It has been a while since I hosted a party.  (Yes, even introverted me can have some successful gatherings.)  Mind you, the few friends who can stand to be in the same room with me for a few hours at a time are all in different cities, which makes planning a bit difficult.  Okay, this introvert has thought about a social gathering.  That's enough for one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home