Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Size Matters

I accidentally tore through the knee of the pair of jeans I sometimes wear to work, so I need to replace them.  I tried on every other pair of jeans & trousers I have, and I'm embarrassed to say that none of them fits any more.  Even the ones marked "relaxed fit" are for skinny people.  The manufacturers must be lying their asses off -- which probably explains why they can fit in the jeans but I can't.  At least I'll have a generous donation for the thrift store.  (Now then, are there any other long-legged men in Albuquerque?)

And have you ever looked at the models in the photos?  Am I supposed to believe that someone with abs like that is actually wearing relaxed fit jeans?

Interestingly, I had a "regular fit" pair in my drawer (without tags, which means I must have been able to wear them in public at least once), and they weren't much different than the relaxed fit.  I guess each brand sizes and fits differently.  Still, I think the time has come for me to be honest with myself and go up a size.  (Since I live alone, and since it's a holiday weekend, I should be able to get all my sobbing done before returning to work on Tuesday.)

Alas, I can't go to the store, so I'll have to adventure online.  I first looked at the department store that I know sells a brand I like.  Naturally, they're out of stock in my size.  (Note:  that always happens in stores, too.)  I checked for the other brand I like, and they have my size, but they're way expensive.  Next, I looked at the discount department store's website.  They have the second brand, in my size, for an affordable price.  The website warns, "Runs large.  Consider sizing down."  (Believe me, I'm trying!)

For curiosity's sake, I took a tape measure and put it around my waist.  Freeow!  That number was a lot bigger than even the larger waist size of jeans!  (Maybe men's clothing designers lie as much as women's designers.)  It wasn't curiosity that killed the cat.  It was shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home