Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Someone's Giving Me the Bird

I don’t know if it’s a sign or what. Maybe it’s merely that my mind is unstable.

At my gym, there are two TV sets for patrons to view while exercising. They always are tuned to one of the all-news channels. I rarely pay attention to them, but occasionally I will notice something on the screen when I am facing that direction. Yesterday, my eye was caught by something in what I figured out was a commercial for a red sports car. They had it in front of red lights (so it looked "extra red"), on dark, wet streets, in front of flames, etc. What I first noticed, though, was the car driving in front of what looked like a giant Tweety Bird. I can’t figure out what that has to do with a car commercial, and indeed that’s why I watched the rest of it, just to figure out what product they were selling.

Today, I was filling my cup at the water fountain at work and thought I saw a Big Bird doll in the staff’s break room. I looked again, more closely, and realized it was merely a yellow bag of bread. The bag was wide at the open end, constricted by the twist-tie, and then full of bread at the other end, so it resembled Big Bird’s large head, skinny neck, and large body.

Tell me the truth, Doc. Am I losing my mind, or am I just a bird brain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home