Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, February 05, 2007

Self-worth

What is the cost for my time? I always thought of myself as a cheap date (greasy spoons are okay by me) but an expensive drunk (imported beer you can’t see through). Apparently, my overall value is closer to the cheap side.

I just renewed my car registration online (because, long story short, the DMV couldn’t be bothered to remember that I moved over a year ago). They charge an "electronic processing fee" for the convenience. I was expecting something like $15.00 to be tacked on. (Heck, at work, I charge 15% of departmental bills for my time processing the monthly invoice!) What was the cost? Just $1.29!

You want to charge me a buck-twenty-nine in place of me standing in line for two hours to tell someone who doesn’t care that their employer is incompetent and that’s why I had to stand in line rather than mail in a form? Please do! I’ll gladly pay $1.29 for two hours of my time! That works out to about 65 cents per hour. That’s a better deal than I got for the second Star Wars prequel at the cheap theater.

So, DMV, about that beer....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home