Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, March 16, 2007

Comparison Shopping

While waiting for a friend doing business at a convenience store, I looked through the window and observed that a carton of brand-name cigarettes costs $35. This is such a waste of one's money.

First off, I spend a little less than that to refuel my car (at current prices). I wonder how long a tank of gas lasts me vs. a carton of cigarettes lasts the average smoker?

Second, $35 is how much I spend to renew my annual membership with PBS. How many hours do I get of commercial-free programming each year vs. the duration of cigarettes before the carton is empty? Actually, that should be simple to figure out. Multiply five minutes per cigarette (the amount of time it took my dad to complete one) by the number of cigarettes in a pack by the number of packs in a carton. (Of course, not being a smoker myself, I never cared to ascertain how many cigarettes in a carton, or else I'd do the math for you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home