Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Good Weekend

Robomarkov came to share my birthday weekend with me. We enjoyed ourselves both working and relaxing. It was productive, fun, and - best of all - I didn't think about work once. Here's a list of what we did.

- Worked out & had my annual fitness check at the gym (generally positive, with some backsliding).
- Declared a moratorium on negativity on my birthday.
- Indulged ourselves with cheeseburgers and frozen custard. (Calories don't count on your birthday. Since my birthday was on a Friday, they didn't count for the rest of the weekend, either.)
- Drank good beer. (Russian Imperial Stout by Stone Brewing Co., better known for their Arrogant Bastard label, will knock me on my ass. Isotopes Slammin' Amber isn't the greatest amber brew, but it deserves a chance, at least for the novelty.)
- Slept in.
- Bought even more pots & potting mix for my veranda veggie garden. (Note: carrying 40-lb. bags of potting medium upstairs is a good workout for the legs.)
- Cleaned up the insides of my computer (figuratively & literally).
- Remounted the broom/mop hanger/device/thingy which my mom pulled off the wall.
- Hiked "A" Mountain.
- Bought a gas grill. (What are you doing on the first day of summer? Better yet, what are you doing next weekend? I need help assembling it.)
- Read two books.

It was a darned good weekend.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, June 12, 2007 , Blogger Betty said...

(Calories don't count on your birthday. Since my birthday was on a Friday, they didn't count for the rest of the weekend, either.)

I like this logic, and believe I will be adopting it from now on. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home