Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Tortoise and the Hair

Yeah, yeah. I know. But "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow" would have been too obvious.

I need to be more creative in other aspects, as well. Each time I get my hair cut, the stylist finishes by asking, "Anything else I can do for you?" Each time, I think (but refrain from saying), "Can you keep my hair from falling out?" I ought to come up with a better line.

A year or so ago, I entered a drawing at my hair cutting/styling place. On the entry form, it asked, "Would you like to be a Redken hair model?" Well, heck. Phrase it like that, and the answer is a resounding "Yes!" Of course I'd like to be a hair model because that would mean I have hair to model! (I can feel my friend in San Diego nodding his head vigorously.) I'm more like a hair horrible example.

I get my hair cut once a month. I don't remember how often I went when I was young, but I think I could get away with less frequency then. With less hair, it becomes more obvious when it's too long or out of place. (On the brighter side, bedhead almost never happens any more.) I've always preferred short hair anyway, and I think I look younger after a haircut. (With a temptation like that, why not have it done every week?)

When in college, I decided that I would let my hair progress naturally (no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives). The primary motivator was that products like Rogaine and Just for Men are so darned expensive. Now I can look in my mirror and appreciate the condo I can afford by not wasting money on hair preservation, but my ego takes a terrible hit.

"Speaking of hair, the other day, a man came up to me and said, 'Doodles, your hair is getting thin.' Well, who wants fat hair?" (Doodles Weaver)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home