Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm Sick of/at/by Work

Or at least feeling a little queasy.

Last Friday, I was informed of an incident on Thursday, in which one of our employees was seen (allegedly) filling the gas tank of his personal vehicle with a 5 gal. gas can from work. The incident was witnessed by two employees and documented by a supervisor. I phoned Boss to see if I could report this as theft to the campus police. Instead, he wanted Ob to take charge and phone the client.

Later in the day, the supervisor who documented the incident brought a plastic gas can into my office. He said he and the employee's supervisor found it in the storage unit the suspected employee shares with one coworker. Said coworker was brought in to look at the gas can. He said he had never seen it before. We use only metal gas cans, not plastic. Ergo, this can could be a piece of evidence. The gas can was concealed under my desk, since my office/printer/fax/copier room can be locked.

It is now late on Monday, three full days after the gas can came into my safekeeping. I have been inhaling fumes all day, with occasional breaks to go outside for fresh air. What's also contributing to my general lack of wellness is that Ob's oversight of the incident hasn't resulted in anything. Not only would have my idea gotten attention, it wouldn't have resulted in fumes permeating my brain.

How much do you want to bet that, when Boss returns to work tomorrow, he'll smell the gasoline fumes and bitch me out for not taking any action about the alleged theft? I'll reek of gasoline, and Ob will come out of it smelling like a rose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home