Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Perspective

While exercising at the gym yesterday, I was pondering what my reaction would be to being placed inside the Total Perspective Vortex. I like to think that I am not egocentric and that I'd recognize myself as a miniscule speck in the entirety of the universe and emerge relatively unscathed.

Then, on the way home, I thought of what a line of hooey I had just fed myself. As much as I say that I usually think of others rather than myself, that sounds like bragging. A perfect example is all the mentions I've made about my father's death and how I felt about it and reacted to it. Sure, this is my blog, and it comes from my brain, but I do have two older brothers who lost their father, too. When have I ever told you how they feel, in conjunction with my ranting? Indeed, when have I ever asked them how they're dealing with it?

Man, I feel so humble right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home