Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Entropy

One of my employees saw me rock the copier toner cartridge this morning to get a few more copies out of it. As I went to fetch the new one from our storage room, he thought he'd try it himself. "You didn't tell me not to turn it over," he said when I returned. Yeah, and I didn't tell him to touch it in the first place, either.

He had created a rather attractive spill pattern of dry toner on the floor. Sub suggested that we photograph it and sell it as art. I would rather it appear on a clean background, rather than our multicolor floor tile, but art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

It struck me that I know mathematicians, physicists, engineers, and other scientific types, any of whom would be glad to explain the pattern to me numerically.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, October 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...


"Don't bother knockin' if this toner cartridge is a'rockin'!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home