Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Food for Thought

The other day, I decided to add an extra slice of lunchmeat to my sandwich, so I could use it up before it goes bad. As I enjoyed my amended meal, I pondered if increasing the size of my serving would be bad for me. How many more calories was I consuming? What if I had added a slice of bread?

One slice of ham (28 g.) has 25 calories.
One slice of wheat bread (26 g.) has 70 calories.

Strictly from a caloric standpoint, I was much safer adding a slice of ham than a slice of bread. It appears that, if one wanted to eat more with less concern over calories, making the sandwich bigger would be better than making a second sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home