Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Food, Glorious Food

For the first time in a long time last night, I cooked real food. I used a recipe and separate, unprepared ingredients, and everything! Of course, the King of Mistiming reared his ugly head, but I managed to get the fish and green beans and potatoes to finish within a few minutes of each other. (Yes, fish.) Then there was the way that I found out "medium heat" in the cookbook would have to be "low heat" on my stove. (I don't know if it's my super-stove or the frying pan I was using.) Oh well, maybe we'll just call it "seared" pollock. People will eat that, right?

The experience wasn't all that bad, and the fishy smell didn't linger (the fried/burned smell, on the other hand...), but still and all, I find it easier to buy the pre-breaded, uniformly shaped slabs of unidentified fish in a box. That is, if I ever feel the urge to eat fish again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home