Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, November 08, 2007

My Robot Friend

Have you ever had one of those moments when you wonder, "Whatever happened to....?" this person you once knew, so you looked on Google? I'm almost regretting this one.

Here's a review from Stylus Magazine and from Pitchfork. There were little things in these reviews that made me think it is indeed the guy with whom I went to jr. high and high school -- mainly his age and the comments "uninspired and juvenile" and being able to tolerate him for no more than fifteen minutes at a time. Plus, some quotes from him sound like the kid who thought he was being funny but was merely being annoying. Then I found this one from the Jewish Daily Forward, which confirms he is Jewish and grew up in my hometown.

It doesn't surprise me to know he grew up to become an android with a flame-shooting penis.

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, November 08, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh.. Brett, we've had this chat before... you have progressed beyond that gym. You need to be at a gym with people YOUR age (especially the spandex clad lady-types, don't wanna see old folks in Spandex.. GAH!!! My Mind's eye!).

 
At 12:24 AM, November 09, 2007 , Blogger Betty said...

Wow. I don't think I have ever been so surprised and so utterly unsurprised by anything at the same time in my life. Because I totally would have voted for him for "most likely to become an android with a flame-shooting penis," if such a category had ever remotely occurred to me.

I'm seriously tempted to pick up that album now.

 
At 6:39 AM, November 09, 2007 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

You and me, both. I half wonder if one of his songs will appear on the next Dr. Demento collection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home