Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 09, 2007

Joyce Kilmer I Ain't

I think that I shall never see
A temporary parking lot sign lovely as a tree.

Remind me, if I ever get down about my job or the yobboes I work with, to take a stroll on campus. I just checked on some tree planting sites, and it pleased me so much to know that, eventually, I am providing habitat and oxygen and color and shade to campus. I might not be here in twenty, ten, or even five years to see how they grow, but I still feel as if I left my mark on campus.

Oddly enough, what really made me feel good on my walk was seeing a bicycle chained to the brand-new bicycle rack I had put in. It gratified me to realize that, "This looks like a good place for a bike rack," actually is a good place for a bike rack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home