Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, December 03, 2007

Let it what?

I put out my farolitos yesterday. While doing that, I pondered how inaccurate many Christmas carols are for those of us in warmer parts of the country. It does snow here in Las Cruces (average of once per year), but there are other places where it doesn't snow at all.

I used to joke that, whenever my parents had out-of-state visitors, it would snow in Albuquerque. I might have to amend that. It snowed when I was home last Christmas (and got stuck in town an extra day because they don't seem to know what a snowplow is) and again this Thanksgiving just passed (but that melted the next morning).

And, since I'm talking about inaccuracies, I'd like to point out that the lyrics to "Sleigh Ride", "Let it Snow", and "Jingle Bells" don't mention Christmas at all, so why do radio stations play them only in December? I ought to call in with a request in February, just to see what the D.J. would say.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, December 03, 2007 , Blogger Betty said...

I know people in the Southern Hemisphere who are heartily sick of seeing snowmen and sleighs and such on their cards and decorations in the middle of the summer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home