Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Read this when you have a chance.

You are reading this right away, aren't you? Because, after all, that's what my boss thinks it means.

Monday morning, my boss handed me some papers clipped together and asked me to "read it when [I] have a chance". By past experience, I know that my boss means no such thing. (An indicator is that he handed me something, rather than putting it in my inbox or leaving on my desk after I've gone for the day.)

So, I finished the action I was in the middle of (leaving the overall process to fend for itself) and read the papers. I finished them just as my boss walked out of the building, saying, "I'll be right back". (That has to be the most blatant and repeated lie in this office.) He didn't return the rest of the day.

Tuesday was a travel day to head to a conference. Wednesday through Friday is said conference. Saturday and Sunday are the weekend. Monday is a holiday.

I figure, if boss can't be bothered to tell me to take any action other than read, and if he's not checking in during conference breaks to ask me the status of (un)said project, then it must be okay to wait more than a week without doing anything, so it's not important. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home