Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yes, Master

Here's the latest entry in the "Nothing Makes Sense at Work" files.

Our client has spouted off that any plant we buy needs to be specified on the campus master plan adopted in December 2006. The plan starts off by recommending that trees be "sustainable" and "appropriate" and is, in general, very open-ended. On a later page it lists twelve "proposed" species: one of which has not grown successfully for us over most parts of campus, one of which is currently dying off on campus, and one of which is considered an invasive species in this state. The plan does not specify any shrubs or herbaceous perennials.

One of the things I pride myself on is that I am trying to increase the diversity of plant species on campus. Am I now hamstrung to limit myself to nine (not counting the three inappropriate ones) species? It appears so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home