Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'm a Master Baker

I got the idea back in high school that I have a knack for baking cookies. Then came the parties here at work, where lots of people said I made good cookies. My mom says my cookies are good, but you'd expect that of a mom. However, she does seem to appreciate them more than the store-bought kinds.

Then, there's "the face". It's that look someone gets when every ounce of concentration is suddenly focused on their mouth. At least, that's how it feels from the inside. I tried a different type of cooky (I won't tell you what kind, so you don't try to outbake me), but I always taste-test new ones first, so I'm not shoving bad desserts onto other people. It was so darned good! Then my mom tried them, and they quickly disappeared.

Yesterday, I made them for Thing One's birthday (because they don't contain any of the ingredients to which she is allergic). First, she made "the face". Then, she said that they were so good, she wasn't going to share them with anyone here at work. (As far as I know, she kept her word.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home