Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sneaking Around

It bugs me that I have to sneak out of the office so my boss doesn't know that I'm leaving on time. The man thinks that, because I am single and have no pets, there are no obligations on my non-working hours. For two weeks, I have been frustrated because I didn't have time to do something, even simple, necessary things, such as watering my plants, doing laundry, or grocery shopping. Yesterday, I went to the gym, baked cookies for Thing One's birthday today, bought my monthly supply of protein bars, bought a new pair of sneakers, and picked up a quick dinner from a Chinese restaurant -- and I still had time to watch Scooby-Doo.

Speaking of sneakers, is there a new trend of lacing them? For my entire life, I could put on a pair of sneakers fresh out of the box and wear them. As I tried them on at the store, I was confused by the laces, which I eventually discovered were backwards from every other pair of sneakers I've ever worn. (I never thought there'd be two ways to thread laces through eyelets, let alone what a difference it would make.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home