Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Two Puns

A couple of years ago, the athletics department replaced one of the grass football practice fields with artificial turf, so they could better prepare for opponents who usually play on that type of surface. Sure, it needs no irrigation, but it still needs to be washed off on occasion. Unfortunately, we've had a very dry, windy spring, and there has been no rain to wash off the dust and dirt from the fake grass. Does that mean it's a Dusty Springfield?

I was pondering what I would do if I ever looked for a job outside of horticulture. Perhaps I could take a job for a company that manufactures cabinets and countertops. Then, I could be productive by being counter-productive.

UPDATE: A friend just e-mailed me and said that, as Batman has the Batmobile, Captain Chlorophyll's vehicle should be known as the Chloroplast -- and (even worse), if I were to exceed the speed limit, it would be the Chloro-blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home