Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, June 30, 2008

You may already be a winner.

Yet another car dealership mailed out a contest flyer. I figured I could always invest the money if I won. When the salesman showed me that I had the winning numbers, though, I wasn't surprised or delighted; I was suspicious. (That must say something about my nature.) What I ended up winning was a voucher for three days/two nights at a selected hotel in various travel destinations. I read the fine print again and realized that the odds which I didn't understand the first time virtually guaranteed that anyone who walked in with their numbers would have the same digits as I did and "win" the same voucher. This prize is about as useful as the $1 coin or the $2 bill I have received from other dealers. (Those items are uncommon and thus more worthy as keepsakes than to use them for actual purchases.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home