Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quiet as a Dormouse

The necessary part for my power window arrived, so I took my car for its follow-up service yesterday. The window now operates silently. I'm surprised that I even noticed. I figured it always was normal, that humming I heard every time I opened or closed the window. It wasn't loud, after all; I just couldn't open the window when it got hot outside. (It always worked fine first thing in the morning, when it's relatively cool.) Apparently, the noise might have been a symptom of the larger problem.

The dealership did a little bit extra, too. They fixed the squeak in my door. I had been meaning to spray some WD-40 on the hinges when I had time when it wasn't so darn hot, which would be first thing in the morning, but it's always dark, and I'm on the way to work (or I was out of town for the weekend), so I never got to do it.

Now the door and the window both don't make noise, which I was so used to them doing for so long, it makes me wonder if they really are operating properly.

Door. Quiet as a mouse. Dormouse. Get it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home