Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Missed it by... that much

Friday was my official weigh-in at the gym. Each time I flip my workout card (every eight visits, about 2.5 weeks), I weigh myself. Whenever I start a new workout card (about 5 weeks), I start a new exercise routine. On Friday, I did both. (My legs are still sore after the lunges Gym Rat had me do.)

I was just 3/4 of a pound heavier than my goal! Of course, that means my next goal (5 more pounds) is unofficial, but I'll shoot for it anyway.

I might have mentioned this before, but Gym Rat says he thinks my legs look thinner. Of course, he's paid to notice things about his patrons. A coworker, though, said last week I'm looking thinner, and I'm 99 and 44/100 percent certain that he's not scoping me out for any particular reason. I'm still having trouble viewing myself neutrally in the mirror. I think I might look thinner, but I've been viewing myself negatively for so long, it's a hard habit to break. I also need to adjust my view of successes. Rather than mope about not tightening my belt another notch yet, I should appreciate that I no longer have to suck in my gut just to button my pants.

Naturally, my successful weight loss needs to be celebrated. But, since it was Cheeseburger Friday, I couldn't do it then. Yesterday, I went to Scoopy's, but that was to celebrate my successful home repair: attaching elbows to the bottom of my downspouts, so the water flows away from the walls of my home rather than at the joint between the wall and the veranda. Ah well, I'll get back to eating healthily today. I'm thinking of some stir fry.

Boy, an (attempted) motorcycle safety course, bicycle lessons, home repairs, now weight loss. Who flipped the switch on my birthday back in June?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home