Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, September 26, 2008

Mine's bigger than yours.

I live in New Mexico, the fifth largest state in the U.S.A. (I don't have a source; you have to look it up yourself.)

I received my bachelor's degree at, and work for, New Mexico State University. I have heard (unconfirmed) that, when all the campi*, university ranches, county extension stations, and other land holdings are added together, NMSU has the most property of any university in the world.

Last week, I attended a meeting with some folks from El Paso, Texas. One of them stated that Fort Bliss (north of El Paso) is larger than the state of Connecticut -- but you know how Texans like to brag about how big things are in their state.

* the correct plural of campus. (It's Latin; deal with it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home