Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary?

I skipped the department holiday party today. It turns out that I should've gone. They wanted to give me a hat and pin to commemorate my ten-year anniversary as a department employee.

Hmm. They must have forgotten that I wasn't an employee here from June 1999 through February 2001. Plus, they must have forgotten that I'm not a university employee; I'm a contractor. Oh well, it doesn't really matter. The hat won't fit my above-average cranial capacity, and all I'll do with the pin is stick it in a drawer with all the others I've received in my life.

Whoopee.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, December 20, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

I got a pin, a free dinner, and a substantial good-at-a-gazillion-internet-shops gift certificate when I hit ten years.

But I'm sure it's a very nice hat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home