Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, January 29, 2009

1, 1, 2, 3...

A pattern emerges.

Monday night, I stayed up late to finish a book. When my alarm went off Tuesday morning, not only did it interrupt a dream, but I was so deep in slumber that I almost didn't hear it -- and then I reached toward the wrong side of the bed to turn it off.

I was dreaming about grocery shopping with my mom and sister. (I don't have a sister.) We were buying Cheez-It crackers because, in the dream, we could use the box tops to get polo shirts. (They were really nifty looking, too, with a black collar and cuffs and black undertones with muted purple or dark turquoise overtones.) What's really odd, though, is that my mom and I (my sister had scampered away to another part of the store) were eating the Cheez-It's out of the box while still in the store, which is something you will never see my mom, who is even more lawfully good than I, do.

Anyhoo, I stayed up late again last night to read. You guessed it: I was deep in sleep, nearly didn't hear this morning's alarm, reached toward the wrong side of the bed, and was dreaming about a store.

This time, I was at Walgreen's, although I was alone. While I was in the checkout line, a goldish black dragon entered the store and frightened the other customers. Being generally disposed to dragons (at least one particular species; see my 10/22/08 post, "All I need is a Boarhound"), I approached it. It didn't seem to be as friendly toward humans as my dragons, though, so I chose to be the brave and noble (and stupid) hero and lure it away from the other humans. The dragon seemed to be kind of nearsighted, as it was more likely to follow me if I threw things at it to get its attention. (Like I said: stupid.)

I wonder what the undercurrent of my life is that is making me think of aisles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home