Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Did you expect, maybe, the Easter Bunny?

NMSU's Spring Convocation was held today. (To the best of my knowledge, a "convocation" is a speech by the university president, followed by awards and a lot of glad-handing.) Here's the official press release if you want to read the whole thing, but I'll cut to the chase.

Certain professorships are endowed (paid out of a permanent fund, usually named for the donor who gave the most money or for a former professor considered distinguished in his/her field). Six of them were awarded this morning, including this one, which I have excised from the press release. I think this particular honor comes as a surprise to no one.

John P. Loveland, in the Department of Management, was awarded the John P. Loveland Professorship in Quality Management.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home