Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maybe I can convince myself it's summer vacation.

We got the letter this week. "Dear John...." Oops, wrong letter -- but it still reads the same way. Our contract will not be extended. We need to find new jobs as of July 1.

I've started looking, but there aren't many options available for horticulturists in this economy, let alone any in Las Cruces. I could go elsewhere within the company. I could look for other jobs in the area. I could move in with my mom again. I could sell my condo. I could live with my mom and keep up the mortgage on my condo. I could work in another city, keep up the mortgage on my condo, and fly to my mom every so often. The possibilities are endless! (I'm trying to convince myself to think positively. Does it work for you?)

In the meantime, I'm already looking at ways of saving money. That's right, me, the guy who already buys store-brand everything and stocks up only when items are on sale. What else can I cut out? Sorry to say, my snack foods are on that list. (On the brighter side, I should be able to lose weight quickly once there's no food in my kitchen!) I came up with a rhyme like the, "No more classroom, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks," from our childhood.

No more ice cream.
No more chips.
No more sodas twixt my lips.

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, February 21, 2009 , Blogger Betty said...

Oh, man, that sucks. :(

Good luck with the job search.

 
At 7:15 AM, February 23, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it comes down to it, I am sure you'll have very little problem selling that condo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home