Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Is "generic obese woman" one of the categories at match.com?

I had a repeat dream last night. I never used to be the type of person one reads about, who has the same dream over and over, but it has happened a few times in the past couple of years.

This dream wasn't exactly the same, but it was in the same location and the same theme: I was trying to get out of a building that does not exist on my campus (vaguely located between the science/math buildings and the engineering buildings). This morning's dream, though, had two distinct additions.

First, after wandering through many classrooms and offices, someone took pity on me and told me how to get out of the building. It was one of those generic, obese office workers who seem to be a staple on this campus. As soon as I went down the stairs she told me to, there was the door to a sunny courtyard.

Second, before I left the building, I stepped over what appeared to be two pieces of Pistol Pete's arm. In the courtyard, I saw several sculptures of parade floats. Students and I were reading the names, wondering how they related to what we saw, and laughing that a chicken on one of the sculptures looked more like a dragon.

The best I can think of so far is that my subconscious is telling me to welcome the end of my job here because it's no longer a fun place to work. We used to be able to laugh here. Now, if one of my interviews is with a generic, obese woman, I'll take the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home