Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, April 09, 2009

You like me! You really like me!

I attended a public meeting last night, and as I stood in line at the podium to speak my piece, I reflected that my stinky, sweaty gym clothes didn't seem to fit in with the business-casual or business dress of the other participants and attendants. (Nor should I have had onions on my burger, but that was the only way I could squeeze in dinner after work and my workout and before the meeting, but I digress.)

Later on, one of the respondents referred back to "the gentleman from the BPFAC" (which would be me). The university representative who sat next to me leaned over and whispered, "You're a gentleman."

Incidentally, I did stretch the podium's microphone up as far as it would go, and I still had to bend over to speak into it -- and lean over some more because it couldn't hold the outstretched position after being used by short... er, average sized people all night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home