Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, March 26, 2009

No Fear

I reminded myself this morning that it has been less than a year since I attempted the motorcycle safety course -- without fear. At that time, (I think) I declared this to be the "year without fear". I have a little over two months until that year expires on my birthday, and that's a lot of time. If, by then, I don't have a job lined up, then I can be afraid.

I'll take my strength for the time being from a quotation by Aunt Betsy Trotwood from David Copperfield (which aired on many PBS stations earlier this week). "We must meet our reverses boldly and not suffer them to frighten us. We shall act the play out and live misfortune down."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home