Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, November 09, 2009

The Maul

After three weekends of adventure, I decided to stick close to The Noog this weekend. The only time I went out was on Saturday, when I rode with a bus full of students (mostly freshmen) to the Hamilton Place Mall. Beware.

It was only November 7, and the mall was already decorated for Christmas, carols were playing, and Santa Claus and the Salvation Army were there already. (Since I want you to come back and read me again in the future, I will spare you from knowing which Christmas song is stuck in my head, lest it become stuck in yours, too.)

It's kind of nice that the school runs a bus every Saturday to take its boarding students (and staff) to the mall, the local movie theater, and Wal-Mart. (Yes, even kids whose parents can afford to send them to boarding school shop at Wal-Mart.) That means I can still make my monthly trek for protein bars from GNC, but I don't have to deal with parking -- especially if I go back next month. (There are other locations in or around The Noog, so I might skip the mall location altogether in December.)

2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, November 10, 2009 , Blogger Geosomin said...

I thought they had to wait until remembrance day out of respect for the veterans...or am I just hoping for too much?

 
At 4:58 AM, November 11, 2009 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

In the U.S., we're lucky if they wait until after Halloween before the Christmas onslaught begins. It used to be Thanksgiving that signaled the start of the shopping season. Maybe they're using your Canadian Thanksgiving as the starting point and calling it a loophole.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home