Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Faster than the speed of... Oh. Wait. No.

This is my first post from my home computer since I moved to Chattanooga in July. Now I can finally see what's on the Sticky Fingers barbecue restaurant website that the "net nanny" software at work won't let me view. (And, Robomarkov, I can finally read your blog again, but it might take me a while to read five months of your posts.)

My TV and internet were hooked up today. I don't want to tell you which company I finally selected, lest wrath from another company befall me. However, the title of this post should give you a clue to the way my service is provided. (See also 11/22/09, "Save a Bundle.")

I must finally accept that it is my fate to have no utility of any type be installed smoothly. Sure, the guy showed up on time, and, sure, my internet access and TV now work, but...

Should it take three people (each driving a separate van) in person and (at least) two on the phone to figuratively scratch their heads and not solve the problem?

I signed up for the extremely basic service: 12 channels, all local, plus WGN. They should, and do, show up on channels 2 through 13. However, no one could figure out why I was also receiving cable networks on channels 14 through 27. Moreover, the extra channels I receive do not correspond with the networks supposed to be on those channels according to my new provider.

So, where are they coming from?

I told the guy(s), "Hey, as long as I get the channels I'll be paying for...."

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, December 08, 2009 , Blogger Betty said...

How can you live for five months without internet at home?! It's like, I dunno, living without plumbing. Or oxygen.

 
At 5:03 AM, December 09, 2009 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Don't worry about me; I have books. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home