Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 20, 2009

Deplane, deplane!

I usually take no notice of the plane that always passes overhead when I'm walking laps in the morning. However, today I imagined that one of the passengers, a businessman, suddenly had an epiphany that this (whatever it is) isn't what he wants to do for the rest of his life.

"It's frickin' 5 a.m., and I'm about to land in Chattanooga, Tennessee. What the H-E-double hockey sticks am I doing here?"

Mind you, it's probably better that you decide to take your job and shove it in the airport terminal. I mean, if you refuse to get off the plane and do your job, you might get tossed in federal prison with suspected terrorists, and that's more of a life change than you anticipated.

How was your day, dear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home