Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

One of my employees has called me an Egyptian more than once. He claims he feels like a Hebrew and I’m flogging him with a cat o’ nine tails. (I think he likes it, though, so I half expect him to give me one as a Christmas present.)

Today, I grabbed a rake and helped the guys with the leaves. I was bored just standing around watching them. Quite frankly, I think Skippy’s (my boss) rule that I should be on the grounds with my crew “most of the day” is a waste of time. Most days, they didn’t have any extra rakes, so what good was it for me to be there, watching them? I mean, if I’m going to be paid for doing nothing, at least I could be in my office, playing pinball on my computer.

And, yes, the song “Walk like an Egyptian” always gets stuck in my head when the employee calls me that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home