Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Some people should be so lucky.

Last night, I had my second sci-fi dream in a week. (Last week, it was about proto-Daleks, which Betty, the Doctor Who expert, assures me did not agree with the official way Daleks were created, so at least I know I'm not absorbing material out of thin air.)

This dream was inspired by the original miniseries of V, which Sci-Fi (I refuse to use their new, stupid spelling) aired yesterday, before ABC aired the premiere of the remake (which I won't watch out of principle because I have yet to find a remake that's better than the original).

I dreamt that I was in a resistance movement (against lizardlike aliens or something else, I don't remember) and that, when I was nearly caught, I decided to hide in a mall for five days because no one would think of looking for me there. When I arrived at the mall, I saw ex-Thing One and ex-Thing Two shopping. Then I rolled over and lost the dream.

Incidentally, I thought that the original V carried over very well to this day and age. Good guys vs. bad guys and shoot-outs with laser pistols never seem to go out of style, and the images of the shuttles flying between the mother ships and Earth didn't look hokey or unbelievably fake -- although I am biased, since I think all the computerized effects nowadays look unnatural and therefore unbelievable. The nougat across the street is chomping at the bit to see the new version of Clash of the Titans, but I wonder if it, too, will overemphasize new technology in special effects and lose the youth-appealing charm that drew me to the original. (Plus, I like mythology.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home