Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Pull my finger.

I kinda sorta injured myself yesterday, and it was dumb, and it could've been avoided.

You see, to enter the dining hall, you can walk straight through exterior doors on the south or west sides and into the dining room, through doors from the building's foyer on the north side and into the dining room, or through an open passageway down the hall on the north side and into the "servery". (This is the way used by most people and the way that would have prevented me from hurting myself, but I didn't think of that until 18 hours later.)

Usually, I enter through the foyer because it seems the most like the "real" entrance. I did so yesterday, but since I had just washed my hands, I didn't like the thought of touching door handles before getting my food. (Hence another reason why the open passage would have been a better choice.) So, I grabbed the handle with just one finger (the ring finger on my right hand) and pulled. "Ow," I said, as I felt a large twinge from my fingertip to my wrist.

My hand functioned suitably during bowling last night. (Oh, no, I couldn't have used my left hand. Could I?) My finger seems to work fine this morning, with full range of motion when curling and uncurling my fingers. However, I still can sense the injury.

I'm going to ask Skippy if I have to report it as an incident, and I might stop by the sports medicine room and get their opinion. As I said, I seem to have full range of motion, and I don't think there's anything broken or so severely pulled that I would need a splint, but it wouldn't hurt for someone to take a look.

At least it wasn't my middle finger. I can still use that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home