Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh, Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be.

The day started off with one of my employees telling me that "somehow" the irrigation system for the artificial turf (yeah, I know, but work with me here) went off yet again (the third time in the ten months I've worked here) while the heads were covered, blowing out the rock around the heads so now there are lumps and depressions around the heads (for the third time). So, we have to cut apart the "carpet" for the third friggin' time, repack the rock, and reglue the carpet. (Did I mention this will be for the third time in ten months?)

On the other hand, the employee should get a bonus for not telling me until today, so that I could enjoy my weekend. :)

Then we got a call that one of the students participating in the run/walk (that we hadn't been informed would be taking place) vomited on the artificial turf. Skippy phoned the company, since none of us has ever encountered this sort of situation before (Miss Kitty has only cleaned up vomit on floors, and my degree is for working on real grass, not the plastic kind). Their only suggestion was to rinse it with a hose.

Then we couldn't stripe the soccer field as we had planned for today because we couldn't mow the field because the middle school students were having their own Duck Day (and now I can't find a previous blog post about it, so I suppose I'm going to have to explain what "Duck Day" is at some point), and they were on the soccer field, even though I was told they'd be on a different field entirely, so we couldn't do our work.

Then the yahoo I'm going to have to find a nickname for told me that some students were going to play football in the stadium after lunch. So much for starting to repair the rock and carpet there!

Oh, and for the record, the upcoming softball tournament that he said was coming up so we could stripe the fields, but he didn't tell us when it would take place (nor how many teams would participate nor if visitor parking would be needed nor...) also began after lunch.

On the bright side, the librarian gave me a smile as she headed to the track to walk her laps. Well, not that a librarian's smile is unwelcome on other days of the week, but I surely appreciated it today.

Is it any wonder I have this song stuck in my head now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home