Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, September 17, 2010

Part 3

The shuttle driver to take me back to the airport from my mom's house showed up half an hour early. Yeah, well, he was forced to wait; I was ready on time.

At the airport, I had the misfortune to sit next to a Christian group leaving for Frankfurt (via Denver). I say misfortune because the priest would not shut up. I mean it; he maintained a constant monologue for over an hour. Two ladies near me moved to seats farther away from him. God help the passengers stuck in a plane with that man.

For some reason, I breezed through security that day, even though I arrived mid-morning, instead of dark-thirty a.m. like I usually do. Maybe flying on Monday isn't a bad idea.

I didn't use the lavatory, so I didn't have to hold anyone's baby.

I cheated on the flight, though. You'll recall how I mentioned that taking two separate airlines ended up cheaper than one. Well, it also turns out that returning to Nashville is cheaper than returning to Atlanta -- even though there's an extra flight involved. Waiting for a second flight, flying from Atlanta to Nashville, and then taking the shuttle back to The Noog would've made my late day even later, so...

I got off the plane in Atlanta and took the shuttle from there. (Homeland Security hasn't shown up yet to arrest me for skipping out on the plane.)

I still haven't returned to my normal sleep schedule. It appears that flying west, staying up late, and sleeping in is a lot easier than flying east, going to bed early, and getting up early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home