Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A move is a move is a move...

Miss Kitty mentioned yesterday that the number of moves on campus this summer has grown from 27 to 30. The ones she added were an administrator moving from a large house outside the fence to a small apartment inside the fence, a food service manager moving from a small house outside the fence to a large house outside the fence, and a food service worker moving out of a small house outside the fence. Although each of them involves a school-owned residence, the school isn't paying for the moves because they aren't related to the employees' jobs.

"So why are you counting them as moves?" I asked her. She said it was because Froggy probably will have to make repairs and she will have to clean the houses. (Then, as often before, I bit my tongue to keep from pointing out that my school-owned apartment hadn't been cleaned before I moved in.) "But that's not a 'move'." I pointed out. "Yes, it is." Oh, that's right: I use a different dictionary than everyone else in The Noog.

I suppose I could've stolen from another poet and called this post "A Move by Any Other Name".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home