Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 02, 2010

On second thought...

I've been thinking of rearranging my workout routine again. This is mostly because, after more observation, I think it's the lunges I'm doing that make my knees sore while walking campus, not the actual walking. Plus, my knees might be a little quieter as I do the exercise, but other than that, I don't think the glucosamine chondroitin pills are doing anything for me.

I've been thinking of reducing my weight routine on legs to two days a week and moving them to Tue. and Thu., after my regular walks. One reason is that I'm emphasizing muscle growth for my legs less than my upper body (mainly -- and vainly -- because I don't want even more bulk under the fat), so one day less won't be bad (and less wear and tear on my knees). The other reason is that I could save time by showering on campus on those days (just like Mon., Wed., and Fri.), instead of walking home and then back for work. (Bonus points because I'll reduce my water bill at home and have to clean my shower/tub less often.)

As I pondered this post this morning, I realized how good it is to have the opportunity for second thoughts. What? Me embracing change? Maybe there is something in the water in the Noog.

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, September 03, 2010 , Blogger Geosomin said...

I've found that too many lunches can aggrivate my knees- They're supposed to help but I'm not very good at working up to things and tend to overdo it. If your knees bug you, back off. Last thing you want is kvetchy knees...mine have become downright tempermental.

I bought a foam roller for working out kinks in the muscles legs...it helps a lot.

I'm curious to try out our university gym - while I'm in grad school I get free gym fees...I just have to get up early enough to use them :)

 
At 12:28 PM, September 14, 2010 , Blogger Dave Cullen said...

Wow, I'm excited to hear you that excited about getting any book, Captain, but especially my book.

And it's encouraging to hear it's popular among the teachers and students.

If you're looking for more info as you read, or when you're done, there is a lot more at my COLUMBINE site, including reviews, an instructor guide, and a massive cache of evidence.

And this short video summarizes the Columbine shooting and the killers’ motives in three minutes. (It's hard to get enough links and views to get a book trailer noticed, so feel free to pass it on. Thanks.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home