Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 07, 2010

I forget what I wanted to title this post.

I called last night my Stupid Night. I guess I should've interpreted thinking of the wrong time for the bus on Saturday as a portent of what was to come.

Because of Saturday, I left my shopping bag and list of the items I wanted from GNC on my bowling bag. (There's a store near the bowling alley, in addition to the one at The Maul.) I left my credit card and gold, GNC discount card on my bowling bag. I left the check for my bowling fees on my bowling bag. I grabbed all of this stuff when I left the apartment yesterday.

I forgot my car keys.

I went back into my apartment, disabled the burglar alarm I had just set, grabbed my car keys, reset the alarm, and locked the door. Okay, I was ready to go. I drove to the bowling alley and parked. I grabbed my bag and credit card and gold card and shopping list and walked to GNC. I found and purchased everything on my list (and got a complimentary copy of some magazine). I walked back to the car and opened the back to stow my items.

I had forgotten my bowling ball and shoes. I had grabbed everything on top of my bowling bag but didn't pick up the bag itself.

It was far too late to return home, so I used a lane ball (one pound lighter than my own) and shoes (which I flopped around in like clown shoes, since I have narrow feet but everyone who had worn those shoes before had stretched them beyond belief). I bowled poorly, only one game near (thankfully over) my average -- but I broke 100 each game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home