Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, September 27, 2010

How I Spent my Summer Va... my Weekend

For some reason, I was energized on Friday. I cleaned my bathroom between getting off work and getting my cheesesteak.

Saturday morning, I had enough stamina to add three laps to my swim. (Don't applaud; these are the same three laps I had dropped upon my return from vacation.) However (this you may applaud), I was able to swim in a fairly straight line; I didn't run into the wall nor the lane marker once! There are too many variables to test why, though. It could be because I opened my eyes occasionally underwater. It could be because I was wearing a different bathing suit (Was it the different material, the fact that the pocket doesn't repeatedly stick out of this one, or even that the drawstring is inside the waistband instead of outside?). I then ran four laps and walked eight around the track. I went home and cleaned my apartment some more.

I had a craving for pizza, so I tried a place I hadn't gone yet: Crust Pizza. The pizza was okay (I ordered a large, with white sauce, tomatoes, and yellow onions), and the cupcake (which they call a Crust Cake) was passable. However, I do intend to return (and to take you with me) because 1) of the ambience and 2) they have Harp on tap. (Be warned that that part of the menu on the website is outdated, since Harp isn't even listed, and since the location where I ate isn't mentioned, either.)

The place is very open (ample space between tables, but I could still hear the noisy children even though I seated myself at the opposite end of the restaurant), and there are many posters of music groups (some of which, like The Police and the Hoodoo Gurus, I've even heard of) on the walls. The table where I happened to sit was the best part. It had pictures of toys and other products from the 1960's to the 1980's, and I could identify most of them. And here I thought I was the only one who remembered Freakies cereal. (You'll see characters from that same time period on the menu -- with their names altered to protect from copyright infringement, of course.) Anyway, that's why I'm taking you with me: so we can drink good beer and reminisce about when we were very young. (The table next to me had mug shots. I recognized some of the faces, so maybe the others were supposed to be famous as well.)

I lost my momentum after that. I didn't do anything else noteworthy the rest of the weekend. Maybe it was the protein pancakes I stuffed myself with on Sunday morning, or the three hours of the Monty Python documentary I watched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home