Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 05, 2010

I probably won't be able to view this post myself.

I've mentioned before that our campus computer department has some sort of 'net screening software that blocks certain websites. I don't know what basis they use, since I can't view Robomarkov's blog, but I can get onto Youtube and Myspace, which I'm sure are havens for worms and viruses that would love to get into the campus network. Yesterday, I did a brief 'net search to learn about free ringtones for my cell. phone, and I was astounded at the number of sites the computer gave me access to, where anybody could post song clips you think are really neat but could disguise some sort of destructive computer thingy.

Anyhoo, I'm about to take a step toward getting my own blog blocked, even though I'm currently posting from my office. (Note: before the official workday begins.) I'm going to drop "the F-bomb" (and some other not-so-nice words).

Actually, that's what got me thinking about this post. Why is it that people substitute "F-bomb" for "fuck", but they don't substitute "A-bomb" for "asshole" or "H-bomb" for hell? Yeah, I know they're taken by incredibly destructive, explosive devices, but why choose the word "bomb"?

Obviously, we are falling behind in the nuclear weapons race! American scientists need to invent an F-bomb right now! You can be sure it'll be strong enough to wipe out both you and the horse you rode in on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home