Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, October 29, 2010

I didn't touch your daughter, sir. Honest!

This morning, I dreamt I was at the circus, somewhere in the Midwest, with Froggy. We were watching the circus parade, and I told him I had gone to the circus's website. There were tabs at the bottom of the site, for clowns, animal acts, jugglers, etc., and one that said, "Landscaping and General Services". "Wouldn't that be cool?" I asked Froggy. "Of course," I continued, "that probably means I'd be picking up 'fertilizer' for the rest of my life." Then a young woman I haven't seen since college skipped happily up to us and said, "Yesss! Jocelyn's rabbit died!" I asked why that was good news, and she was saying something about five years when my alarm clock woke me up. And, relevant to nothing, this was the background music to the dream.



Of course, this song would have been more appropriate for the setting -- not to mention my coworker. It's scary, but if you were to watch us interact, you'd agree that I'm Yakko, Froggy is Wakko, and Miss Kitty is Dot, with Skippy as Dr. Scratchansniff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home