Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 05, 2010

A Thought for Today

Thanks to Fred of Occasional Fish, I read this post by Bill Maher, in which he humorously responds to complaints by "rich" people about some sort of proposed tax plan. (Yes, I know I am woefully ignorant of public policy -- in this case, one which actually might affect me in some way -- but government -- at least, U.S. government -- tends to do what it wants to anyway, regardless of what the people represented think.)

Anyway, my thought of the day is this: If you can afford to have a servant, you can afford to pay him/her a decent amount and maybe even give her/him a few benefits. If you don't want to shell out more than minimum wage and complain how you can't find good help these days unless you hire an immigrant who hasn't learned English and you always wonder if s/he is going to rob you blind, then clean the effing house and mow the effing lawn yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home