Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, November 29, 2010

I wonder if I can penalize him for Delay of Game?

I shouldn't let my whine overshadow the fact that I finished painting my apartment this weekend, but... I could've been done a day earlier.

Froggy called me on Saturday and suggested a Guys' Night for bowling. I had just finished taping around the last walls as far as I could go, and I was debating going out for just one more roll of tape or staying in and painting around just the taped areas. I decided I could bowl with Froggy then buy the tape and have dinner somewhere. "When?" I asked.

"When" turned out to be three hours later. He had to go to a funeral for the mother of one of his employees (who, as I learned that night when I bought the tape and a sympathy card, was not the only woman in The Noog to die on Thanksgiving Day). In the meantime, I was frustrated (reading, but frustrated) because, in that time span, I could've gone out to buy that last roll of tape and finished painting. I also would've eaten before bowling, rather than 8:30 at night, my usual bedtime.

I slept in the next morning, since I was up late (and yes, there was a bit of pleasure at skipping my cardio that a.m.), and I finished taping and painting. When I get off work today, I get to pull down all the tape and move my furniture back in place.

That's another reason I didn't get to post this yesterday: my computer wasn't hooked up to my fiber optic connection. I hope this will make it up to you. I know I always laugh at it. (It's another one of the skits that made me laugh like crazy when I was little but horrified my mother.)

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, November 29, 2010 , Blogger Geosomin said...

I haven't seen that in years - thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home