Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, November 22, 2010

What a Drag

I hypothesized this weekend that one of my bathing suits holds more air underwater than the other because they are made of two different materials. A possible corollary to that is that one suit will slow me down more than the other. I'm not sure if the air bubbles contribute to slowing down (more volume = more resistance) or if the added buoyancy helps (if the amount of buoyancy is even significant). It sounds like an interesting experiment, but it also sounds like I'd be subjected to all sorts of embarrassing measurements, and probably photos or video, and I'm not too keen on that because my self image isn't that strong. What I need is someone to view my nearly naked body and tell me how good I look, but where am I going to find that (without paying for it)?

I painted three of the walls in my kitchen this weekend. Sure, one is almost completely taken up by cabinets and the window, so there's just a foot-wide strip between the cabinets and the counter, but it counts! I'm holding off on the fourth wall until I can get someone to help me move the washer/dryer. I was able to shift the stove and fridge myself, but the washer/dryer is either too heavy, or it's stuck to the vinyl flooring. I'm thinking of painting the living room next and then go back to the fourth wall. We get two days off for Thanksgiving, not counting the usual weekend, so I'll have some large blocks of time available. Maybe I will get this done by Christmas, after all.

On Sunday, I planted pansies outside, and some bulbs I got for free. The pansies won't flower much since the flower beds are on the north side of my apartment, but it's just the act of planting that makes me feel good. Although, some flowers would be nice, too.

I woke up from an interesting dream involving the Beach Boys some time during the night. I told myself to remember it in the morning to tell you about, but all I could remember when the alarm went off was that the Beach Boys were in it. Still, that gives me enough reason to share this with you.

Hmm... Okay, maybe I won't be sharing it. Youtube seems to be having difficulties this morning.

Speaking of going home (that segueway would make a lot more sense if you had been able to listen to the song first), I need to make flight reservations for my trip back to New Mexico in January.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, November 22, 2010 , Blogger Geosomin said...

I'm trying to imagine planting flowers...we just got 3 inches of snow :)

 
At 2:03 PM, November 22, 2010 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Hmm, then maybe I shouldn't mention that it's 77 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. :) I saw a Christmas wreath hung on the middle school building and thought, "This must be what Christmas in Australia is like."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home