Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, March 21, 2011

Home Improvement

It was another busy weekend, thanks to Thing One. I mean, I have wanted to scrape and paint the ornamented, metal posts which hold up the porch roof since I moved in nearly two years ago, but she's the one who got me off my duff to actually do it. Oh, and while we're at it, why not pressure wash the gutters and the soffits and the siding and the porch and the sidewalk? And then I had to be nice and do the same for the Chinese teacher in the downstairs apartment because the paint had been flaking off the awning over her door, and the sidewalk and walls to her apartment looked absolutely nasty with algae and moss and dirt.

Oh, and Thing One needed to pick up some items before the stores closed (at 8 p.m.), so we hit Idiotville and finally headed for dinner -- except the restaurant had a line out the door (I guess everyone else also wanted to shop then eat), so we went someplace else, which means I didn't eat until the time I'd usually head for bed, so I had to stay up for a while and digest. That was Saturday.

I've decided that it's a good thing to wake up at my usual time on Saturday to swim and walk, since the past several weekends have involved Thing One keeping me up past my bedtime on Saturday, so I sleep in on Sunday to recover. I call it, "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we sleep in."

For some reason, this song (you'll note it's another animal song) was stuck in my head during my walk. However, it did not reflect my self image at the time. (It may accurately represent my actual body image. I don't know.)



I spent most of Sunday morning reading. (I got substantially through one of my books.) In the afternoon, we primed the porch railings and the neighbor's awning. They don't look great, but they're a lot better than the peeling paint which was there before. (The neighbor is out of town with her mother, who's visiting our country, so I hope she notices and appreciates our efforts when she returns.)

Now I have to get motivated to paint said railings and awning. I suppose one a day, after work, shouldn't kill me. (Lord help me when we start the "little" extras on the school-owned house that Thing One will be moving into.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home